Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Aspen Colorado

I was recently on vacation with my family in Aspen and i met up with an old friend.  While catching up with her i couldn't help but notice that her skin was flawless and glowing.  I know this is a product of good genetics but she explained that there is something else to it.  She is very into nutrition and she gave me a few tips to get my skin looking fresh and youthfull.

The first thing she told me was drink WATER, lots of it!  She then directed me to her blog Hollistictreats.wordpress.com for great anti aging tips.  Check it out!  I went straight to Health Nuts, which is the health store nearest me and bought some of the vitamins she suggested.  She also suggested i buy raw cacao nibs which are  rich in fiber and antioxidents, Iron, and Magnesium  Raw Cacao is considered a superfood.  They are not sweet like chocolate chips so i try to be creative when eating them.  

I add them to my breakfast.  One way that i incorporate them in my breakfast is Oatmeal
Oatmeal
1 packet quaker instant oatmeal original
1 splenda
and a scoop of cacao nibs
assorted berries (strawberries, blueberries, whatever i have in my fridge)
This gives your oatmeal an little crunch which i love and this is a very healthy breakfast option

another option that i use is in my yogurt
Yogurt
1 fatfree yogurt, any flavor
1 scoop of All Bran Bran Buds
1 scoop of cacao nibs

I am thinking next to make Granola with the Cacoa nibs and flax seeds, and whatever healthy ingredients i find at the health food store.  Ill keep you posted on this...

i love hearing healthy breakfast recipes and ideas so please email me with any creative ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment