Thursday, January 20, 2011

Better Hair Better Skin

Better Hair Better Skin

jewelblue-satin-pillow-case-zipper.jpg

A friend of mine is extremely concerned with aging.  She really goes above and beyond to protect her skin and figure.  I am always learning from her and taking advice on how to improve my appearance.  One thing she always tells me to do is sleep on my back so that I don’t get wrinkles.  She says when I smash my face against my pillow at night I am inviting a wrinkly face.  Sleeping on my back is just not an option though.  I always sleep cuddled up on my left side and yes; I often wake up in the morning with an imprint of my creased pillow stamped on my face. I have found another option.  I did some research on satin pillowcases and they are the perfect solution.  I can sleep comfortably on my left side while protecting my skin and hair. 

When we get older we lose the elasticity in our skin.  When we sleep all night on our faces and wake up with creases, they go away throughout the morning. However, eventually those creases will become permanent.  Did you know that a cotton pillowcase absorbs moisture from our hair and our skin as we are sleeping?
  We need the moisture that has been drained by our cotton pillowcases to keep our skin supple and our hair smooth.  A cotton pillowcase is abrasive and catches stray hairs and causes them to break and tangle.  A satin pillowcase allows you face to slide across the pillow without any friction.  Another benefit is that in the summer a satin pillowcase stays cool and in the winter it is warm.

Medical experts are advising their patients who are being treated for cancer and Hepatitis C to use a satin pillowcase.  These patients can suffer from frictional Alopecia (abnormal hair loss) because their cotton pillows are abrasive and they damage hair cuticles.  Satin pillows are also highly recommended to men and women who are concerned with hair loss.  Sleeping on a satin pillowcase will leave your hair looking the same in the morning as it did when you fell asleep.  You can avoid friction and split ends by switching from cotton to satin.  Your face and hair will slide across the pillow and your skin and hair will look fresh and calm when you wake up.

Go get your satin pillowcase today and let me know what you think 

1 comment: