Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hydrate


Hydrate

Most women I know exercise if not on a daily basis, at least 2 to 3 times a week.  After a workout it is very important to hydrate.  Besides drinking water, which we all need to drink plenty of…Coconut water is the purest liquid second only to water itself. I am a huge fan of coconut water.  I get it from my local health food store and I drink it all the time. It is full of electrolytes, calcium, potassium, magnesium; everything that is good for you. 
Coconut water is the clear liquid inside young coconuts. This nutrient rich beverage includes organic compounds with beneficial growth properties that can dramatically improve your health. The vitamins in coconut water help stop fatigue, improve immunity, increase your metabolism, and detoxify the body. Consistently drinking coconut water can help regulate intestinal function; which is known to provide a countless number of health benefits including a clearer complexion. It also increases the ability to kill a variety of viruses and bacteria in the body.
It is free of chemicals and is even safe to give to children and babies.  I often give this drink to my son instead of apple juice or other fruit juices that are high in sugar.  Some pregnant women prefer drinking coconut water as a natural aid to help ease digestion problems during pregnancy. Coconut water contains lauric acid which can also be found in human breast milk.  Lauric acid helps the body destroy fungus, bacteria, and viruses. 
The brands that I drink are Vita Coco and Zico.  When I am shopping in the health food store near me I often stop and have a coconut right from the fridge.  They hand me a straw and cut the top off and it’s a very tasty treat. 
Enjoy and Hydrate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment